Just didn’t realise when my little wonder grew up so much…
You came like a wonderful blessing in our lives, You made our family complete, You brought Smile and Happiness, You are our perfect son that we are proud of, You are our inspiration and courage, You are our dearest and always will be, We love you Partha. Happy 11th Birthday my dear. May all your dreams and wishes come true.
Owl cookies is one thing on my son’s wish list.
It can be a centre of attraction for kids in any party.
Quantity: 18 - 20 cookies Prep time: 30 min Refrigerating time: minimum 2 hrs Baking time: 9 - 11 min
2-1/2 cups - all purpose flour
3/4 cup - butter
1 cup - brown sugar
1 - egg
2 tsp - baking powder
1 tsp - vanilla extract
1/4 tsp - salt
1/4 tsp - baking soda
1 square (28grams) - melted unsweetened chocolate
orange and yellow M&M's
1. in a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, add to creamed mixture.
3. remove 2/3 of the dough. roll into a 8inch square on plastic wrap and set aside
4. combine melted chocolate and baking soda until thoroughly mixed, beat into the remaining dough
5. shape into a 8inch log
6. place chocolate log on the rolled square dough and rollup, pinch seams together
7. wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 2 hrs
8. unwrap dough, cut into 1/4inch slices
9. to form a owl's face, place 2 slices side by side on a lightly greased baking sheet.
10. pinch dough at the top of the circles to form ears.
11. place M&M's in each circle for eyes. place a cashew at the bottom centre of the face for the beak.
12. bake at 170º celsius for 9 - 11 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown
Kids in German Christmas markets enjoy hot Kinder Punsch while elders sip in Glühwine.
There are different flavoured Punsch which are prepared with Grape juice, Orange juice, Apple juice or fruit tees heated with spices and fruits.
Apple punsch, which is easy to make can be made instead of cold drinks in parties held during winter.
Serves – 5
Duration – 20 minutes
1 litre - pure Apple juice
4 tbsp - honey
2 - star anise
4 - cloves
1 - cinnamon stick
2 - cardamon
1 - bio lemon, sliced
1 - chopped Apple
1. in a vessel pour apple juice and heat
2. when the juice gets warm stir in honey
3. then add star anise, cloves, crushed cardamon
4. heat the Juice (do not boil)
5. when it is about to boil add lemon slices and chopped apple
6. remove the juice from heat before it starts boiling
7. let it stand for 5 minutes
8. serve in a warm cup, drink immediately
For my guest post, allow me to ignite your imagination. Picture a beautifully lit up sky, a vibrant festive atmosphere, sparkly christmas trees, gleaming rows of stalls, the enticing aroma of cinnamon, vanilla, roasted almonds, Glühwine and the cheery hum of people connecting with each other….the historic and traditional Christmas Markets have come to my part of the world!!!
To know more about the dazzling Christmas market of Stuttgart, Maulbronn, Tübingen and Esslingen please visit Megha’s space here.