Raw Tomato Chutney
I am sure you will all agree with this. When you see any vegetable or any picture of a dish on tv, magazine.. and you suddenly remember your favourite dish that your mom used to make for you and start craving for it. I had the same craving when I saw raw tomatoes and remembered one of my favourite dish Raw tomato chutney that my mom used to make. Unfortunately she doesn’t live close to me so I have to make it myself. Again, it’s easy!
This dish goes very well with akki rotti, chapathi and even dosas.
SeRves – 4 DuRation – 30 min
8 medium sized - raw tomatoes
8 cloves - garlic
4 - green chillies
4 tbsp - fresh grated coconut
1/2 small bunch - fresh coriander
1 tsp - cumin seeds
2 tbsp - oil
3 tbsp - crushed roasted peanuts
1 tsp - sugar
1. chop tomatoes, garlic, chillies, roughly
2. keep the pan on heat add oil, once the oil heats up add cumin seeds
3. when the cumin seeds turns brown add chillies & garlic
4. once the chillies and garlic turn light brown, add tomatoes and roast
5. just before you turn off the heat, add salt, sugar,coconut and roughly chopped coriander. Fry for a minute
6. allow it to cool & grind coarsely
7. mix in peanuts and serve
Healthy and refreshing fresh fruit juice
Wow! Can’t believe that my blog likealavendeR is already a year old :). So I thought of giving my blog a new look and add a new category “Drink” to my blog’s menu.
In this DRINK category I will be adding more of fresh healthy drinks prepared from my Philips Juicer, along with other drinks like smoothes, milkshakes etc..
Fresh juices are a guilt free way to start our day!
I like my Philips Juicer that I bought recently. Just throw in whole fruits and veggies of your choice and the juice is ready. Its easy to clean too.
I keep trying different combinations and hence cameup with Sweetlime and Strawberry.
Duration: 5min SeRves: 1
2 - sweet lime
2 - strawberry
1/2 - lemon
pinch - salt optional
1. peel the skin of sweetlime and lemon
2. put lime, lemon and strawberries into the juicer
3. add salt, pepper and stir
3. Serve immediately
- you can keep the skin of the lemon if you like. I partially keep the skin so that it doesn’t get too bitter and also I get the goodness of the lemon oils from the peel
- Use organic fruits when you use with the peel
- I used frozen strawberries. Just make sure you thaw a bit before using
- you can also use your blender if you don’t have a juicer
After coming to India my blogging interest was slowly fading away, but a huge Thank You to all my readers who liked my blog through Facebook and WordPress which encouraged me to keep going :D.